Monday, May 17, 2010

Copy a Painting

For my studio class my second assignment was to find a painting and copy it EXACTLY. I chose to do a painting of Raspberries, thinking it would be relatively easy... little did I know. Copying the painting exactly also meant placing the Raspberries the same way they were placed in the painting. This took me and my amazing partner, Emily, who I owe great thanks to, about two hours! (She was very frustrated with me by the end because I am such a perfectionist. I quote "Christina, you were moving the Raspberries like not even a centimeter!") But after all that time I still think they could have been placed a little bit better, I am happy with the shot though. I had to do some color editing in photoshop due to the saturation of the painting. The larger image is my photograph. Hope you all enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Another amazing photograph, I cannot imagine the patience it took to do this! I can't wait to see you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat! Great job, I actually thought it was the same image.

    ReplyDelete